Friday, April 25, 2014

Why does someone always end up shirtless?

Seriously, it is Easter, James.
Easter. Where is your shirt??

Well, anyway, Easter was fun this year. I think I got more excited than the boys about hunting for eggs and might have set my alarm for a tad early. Did you know it is still dark at 6:00 am? Me neither. Well it is, so I just laid there until 6:30 when I could sneak out and hide the eggs. Where was Alex you ask? Passed out like a drunk person (he was not) next to me. He said he would get up, but him being "quiet" is like a moose being quiet and I was not ready to explain why I was carrying a bag full of eggs to Zachary. Wayyyyy too many questions.

When they did wake up they immediately took out the inflatable punching gloves the Easter bunny brought them.
They also received the finest toys Walgreens had to offer. A dino water gun, an Easter skateboard key chain and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle that lights up. Oh and some minion eggs the Easter bunny forgot to do and didn't finish until midnight before Easter. That bunny really needs to work on time management.
Oh, sweet matching shirts with monograms....hidden by giant punching gloves and mohawks. Can you hear my sighing all the way over there?
 Later that morning the Sonderfan/Gallun's came over for our annual Easter brunch. I love this tradition we started. We all bring food and the kids just play and play, which we means we can chat and chat.

I, of course, tried to get crafty and made cupcakes with green frosting, like my mom used to. I put out all sorts of toppings and let the kids decorate. All was fine, if messy, until Harper put a gum egg in her mouth. This is a photo of her doing just that.
She is so, so proud of herself.

Until Jennifer had to go digging it out making her very angry at Jennifer's choices.

The morning culminated with the annual smash-the-confetti-eggs-on-Grandpa Bruce's head. As the boys are getting bigger this tradition is getting a tad more rough. But still amusing.
Quiet a difference from two years ago

No comments:

Post a Comment