Monday, August 23, 2010

That pitch

I was really getting the sense that people don't truly understand the pitch of my child's scream. I say he is loud and really, really shrill and people just nod and smile at me condescendingly as if to say, "all babies are loud, Kinsey". I am here now with proof that he is different - and not in a good way this time.

The back story is that I once, ONCE, let him watch himself on the video monitor and now when I pull out my video camera he wants to watch it again. That is why he keeps saying "Baby" and I keep saying "Baby is night, night". Usually it works to tell him anyone or anything is night, night, but not this time.

You might want to turn down your speakers. I am not kidding. And please imagine this scream in a closed space like a car or bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment