Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mini-Pizza two ways

You all know my love of freezer cooking; it is slightly out of control. One of the items I always have in my freezer are mini-pizza's for the boys. I use the veggie sauce (or any sauce of course), sandwich thins and mozzarella cheese. I toast them in the toaster oven for 4-5 minutes just to melt the cheese and they are my go to lunch or dinner option. I used to be able to sneak in some spinach between the sauce and cheese but Zach is now on to me about putting "lettuce" on his pizza. Fair point. I am making him eat sauce comprised totally of vegetables.

When I saw this recipe for mini-deep dish pizza's on Pinterest, I thought it might be a different way to make pizzas. More work, but so cute. And you know how I love cute food. Plus I had purchased a large bag of flour tortillas at Target on a whim. They were not whole wheat or grain or anything but delicious white flour. So, so fluffy.

Mini Deep Dish Pizzas

And so, so cute, right? You know I get giddy about breaking out the biscuit cutter. They were especially good for James being mini himself. I cut them once in half and he could do the rest.

Mini-Deep Dish Pizza
Photo and slightly adapted recipe from Dashing Dish

3-4
Whole wheat wraps
1
(15 oz) Can pizza sauce
3/4 cup
Shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup
Parmesan cheese



1        Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2        Start by laying each tortilla out individually on a flat surface, and use an empty can, cup, or cookie cutter to cut 3-4 medium circles out of each wrap.*I used a biscuit cutter
3        Press each wrap circle into muffin tin using your fingers. Note: it doesn’t have to cover the entire side of the tin, it should just fit snugly
4        Meanwhile, pour pizza sauce and Parmesan cheese into a medium sized bowl. Stir until everything is well combined. *Totally optional
5        Drop about 1-2 tbs of sauce in each wrap
6        Divide mozzarella cheese evenly over each mini pizza and any toppings.
7        Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment