Friday, March 21, 2014

Almond and sage chicken

I follow a new blog, Clementine. I can't remember where I found it, but I dig it. They post different things each day from an interview with a sucessful woman, to clothing suggestions, a daily inspirational thought, cute home ideas and sometimes, meals. When I spotted the title Almond Crusted Sage Chicken, they had me at sage. And almond.
It is basically paleo and is totally delicious. And easy. I made a few tweaks to the recipe and every Wall liked it.

I mean as much as a 2 year old Wall likes anything. I roasted some broccoli along with the sprouts for Alex and I and most likely, frozen, microwaved peas for the boys.

I need to put this on my meal plan for this week, it is good.

INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
6 cups brussels sprouts, sliced
4 tablespoons olive oil
1lb chicken breasts, sliced thin
1 cup almond meal
3 eggs, whisked
3 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
1 teaspoon sage, dried
2 teaspoons salt, divided
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, add brussels sprouts with 4 tablespoons olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss well. Add to a foil-lined baking sheet and roast for 30-35 minutes or until browned and charred.

Pat dry chicken and set aside. Add eggs, whisked with one tablespoon of water, in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, whisk together almond meal, thyme, sage and sea salt. Coat raw chicken in egg, letting the excess drip off. Then, add the almond meal herb mixture and coat the chicken well, using your hands to pat it in. Add chicken to a clean plate and chill for 20 minutes.

In a skillet, add 2-3 tablespoons olive oil. Over medium heat, add chicken and grill each side for 5-6 minutes or until browned. Serve over roasted brussels sprouts and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment