Monday, September 8, 2014

Just in case you want to kiss up

I am really not on board with the "first day of school gifts". How could that not be sucking up, loud and clear? (This is foreshadowing, in case you are wondering). What I am on board with, is a thank you gift for putting up with my child all summer AND yeah new school year. That clearly is not sucking up. Not in the least.

Last year I gave the teachers doughnuts in a cute container and it was a big hit. This year, I made this label for my friend Sonia. She needed something for the crossing guard at her daughter's school (they have required drop-off and pick-up; a dream). Since men like smoothies, I suggested Smoothie King and with a card reading: "Thank you for making our days run smoothly". I love a good pun.
I have since made another one for Zach's Kindergarten teacher with a gift to a local, kid friendly yogurt store (she has twin first graders) that says:
So maybe I am on board with first day of school gifts....

Really, I am on board with gifts for teachers in most settings. Especially when they involve gift cards and me getting to make something. Plus, Zach's first week was tough. I think he handled it great, but I know that is largely due to his teacher being so warm, calm and supportive. I can imagine her week and I thought a little treat for her family over the long weekend, was not too out of control. But my concept of "out of control" can tend to be skewed, I have been told.

In case you want to kiss up be supportive of your teacher, here is a link to the printable of the first card.

No comments:

Post a Comment