Friday, February 19, 2010

On Schedule

Zach finally had his 1 year check up - just a month behind schedule. He is right on track on the growth charts and developmentally. He now weighs 22.6 lbs and is 30 inches tall with a large 4.5 foot. Thank you Alex Wall for ensuring that my son has to go into toddler shoes before he can even walk. My doc asked what "tricks" he could do and I said he can point, take some little steps unaided, wave bye-bye, say about 4-6 words (that we can verify) and feed himself. Though he will not feed himself any fruits or veggies. None. Zip. Zero. He does not like the texture of them in his hand. I wish I could blame that on Alex.

Anyway, besides me having to hide fruits and vegetables in all his meals, he is a great little guy. He is really a fun handful of energy to be around. He has started singing in the car and sometimes just walking around. I don't have a clue what he is singing, but I like it. When I hear new moms talk about not wanting to leave their 3 or 4 week old baby because they are starting to "do things", I want to tell them to just wait. It only gets so much better and harder at the same time. And your child will continue to look like a little old man, only now he looks like an old man who refuses to wear pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment