Wednesday, September 22, 2010

He loves her

Our friends Jason and Stephanie joined us for the day at the River and brought my favorite kiddos Jett and Rory. Alex and I have know Jason and Steph for years and have known the kids since they were both born. I adore them like they were mine. This is the 2nd time Zach has met them and he just fell in love with Rory. She is just about a year older then him but just a little taller so he thought she was there to play with him. Rory thought Zach was there to FINALLY have someone to be able to take things from like her brother, who is 4, does to her. There was a lot of "mine!" coming from my child, which I found very, very funny.

At one point Rory ran past Zach knocking him down and her dad made her say she was sorry and hug Zachary. The second her arms were around him, Zach threw his arms around her in what could only be called a bear hug. If bears had a big milk belly. She could not shake him for the rest of the day.

I don't know how exactly they walked down the steps hand in hand, but all I do know is that Zach was thrilled and Rory was nonplussed. But also sweet and darling and I loved her for being annoyed with my baby and still holding his unsteady hand. I want to put her in my pocket and take her home with me.





This is also how Zach started to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and strawberries. He stole them from Rory. So now all I have to say is, these are Rory's ___ and he goes to town. We really need to see them more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment