Monday, September 14, 2009

Fistfull of Puffs

HUGE news in our house - Zach can pick up food and put it into his mouth. I am sure some of you are asking, but hasn't he been putting everything into his mouth for months? Yes, yes he has. And I too don't understand the difference between picking up paper to eat and picking up food to eat....but let's just add that to the list of things I don't know about Zach.

So far it is limited to freeze dried yogurt, organic kale puffs (no joke), shredded cheese and smashed beans. This is great fun for him, and me, as I like to give him different food to try to eat and watch his reactions. He really does not like to eat fruit that way. Mash it up, put it on a spoon and he will squeal if you try to take it away. We do have to watch him as (like his father) he likes to stuff lots of food into his mouth at once and keep talking, leading to some fake choking, real coughing, his turning all red around the eyes, freaking out his momma, then returning to talking just as quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah he got it all figured out!! Just what the boys needs is to be able to feed himself. I love that he grabs it by the fistful.

    ReplyDelete