Monday, September 21, 2009

This will be quick

This blog is for Zachary; for our parents and friends who would like to know what he is doing/not doing. I am just interspersing a quick item about Alex and I - because it affects Zach, of course. Alex and I took our first solo trip since Zach to Banff, Alberta Canada. We actually stayed in a town called Kimberley about 3 hours East of Calgary. The weather was perfect, Alex made me do a lot of outdoorsy type of things, and we got to spend some time together when a little person was not making his presence known.

My parents came down to take care of Zach. My dad actually came down by himself and watched Zach for 2 nights and 2 days until my mom arrived. He thought we were crazy for leaving an 8 month old with a person who has not had an 8 month old in 28 years, but as I have said before - I will leave my child with anyone. Especially someone I am connected too by blood, as my Grandma Jane would say. And he did great! He got the schedule down, was even able to give him his ear infection medicine and only had to call in reinforcements via my sweet Aunt Vickie for ice and lunch. Granted he needed her both days, but technically I could use someone bringing me ice and lunch most days. And when my mom finally arrived they were able to tag team Zach (which is really much better) and he was happy and asleep when we arrived home. I so appreciated them both dropping everything to come help us.

Kinsey as the caddy
Lake Louise

4 comments:

  1. New parents need and deserve time together! Glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Auntie Suzette for taking the picture. We really did pretty well for two old people! I am glad you got to have some time off (and together!). Love, Granny Marsh

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you! Looks like a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While it was my pleasure I have to tell you that I was pretty much a nervous wreck from Wednesday evening at 5:00 pm(his parents had left by then) until about 6:00pm the next day. By then thanks to a great schedule left for me and help from Vicky, I realized that I could do this. So by the time Marsh arrived I was doing OK. I was glad to see her and we did OK "for two old people"as she said. Zach is a great guy but very busy. Love, P. Wayne

    ReplyDelete